Community building is a means of aligning an organization with it’s vision for its future and creating a concrete strategy for realizing the vision.
Here are the nuts and bolts of my approach:
- Assemble a cross-functional team responsible for leading the change management effort
- Engage the team in a search for up to 100 stakeholders throughout the organization
- Engage the stakeholders in a one-to-two day meeting to analyze the organization’s current state, define its vision, and the major obstacles to realizing its vision
- Using the data gathered in the meeting, create committees dedicated to analyzing and creating a strategies to address these obstacles
- Leading the committees through a 10-week problem solving process aimed at creating strategic blueprints, which are refined by a strategy session of the initial cross-functional team
- Assembling a management/employee team charged with implementing the final blueprint
Read Case Study One and Case Study Two to see what the process looks like in practice
Read an interview with me to learn more about this approach to community building
Contact me to explore how you might modify this approach to your organization.