Community building is a means of aligning an organization with it’s vision for its future and creating a concrete strategy for realizing the vision.
Here are the nuts and bolts of my approach:
- Assemble a cross-functional team responsible for leading the change management effort
- Engage the team in a search for up to 100 stakeholders throughout the organization
- Engage the stakeholders in a one-to-two day meeting to analyze the organization’s current state, define its vision, and the major obstacles to realizing its vision
- Using the data gathered in the meeting, create committees dedicated to analyzing and creating a strategies to address these obstacles
- Leading the committees through a 10-week problem solving process aimed at creating strategic blueprints, which are refined by a strategy session of the initial cross-functional team
- Assembling a management/employee team charged with implementing the final blueprint